What We Do
- Over 60% of Collier County public school students (over 26,500 kids) are designated “economically needy.” Over 70% of kids in Lee County meet that designation. The children who receive Laces of Love shoes are among these kids.
- Incorporated in 2005, Laces of Love has outfitted over 200,000 needy kids in Southwest Florida with NEW shoes.
- New sneakers and monetary donations (100% of which are used to purchase shoes unless otherwise designated) are extremely important and gratefully accepted.
- All shoes sizes are needed since “Laces” distributes shoes to children from toddlers through high school seniors. Child size 3 – adult size 12 are especially needed.
- Shoes are distributed through Collier and Lee Country public schools (c/o guidance counselors and school nurses) and through non-profit organizations that serve needy kids. The shoes are fitted and given in the privacy of the staff offices.
- Many times the Laces of Love shoes are the first pair of new shoes the child has ever had.
- We do not give shoes directly to families.
- Laces also facilitates the donation of cleats and sports shoes to many student athletes in Southwest Florida.
Launch our video to learn more about Laces of Love and the difference we make in your community.