The Laces of Love Charitable Foundation, Inc. is a 501-c-3 not-for-profit organization that provides new shoes to low-income and disadvantaged children and educates the public about the needs of these children. Since its incorporation in 2005, Laces of Love has provided over 30,000 pairs of new shoes to needy kids in Southwest Florida.
- Over 60% of Collier County public school students (over 26,500 kids) are designated “economically needy.” The children who receive Laces of Love shoes are among these kids.
- Over 90,000 needy children have received new shoes from Laces of Love since 2005.
- New sneakers and monetary donations (100% of which are used to purchase shoes unless otherwise designated) are extremely important and gratefully accepted.
- All shoes sizes are needed since “Laces” distributes shoes to children from toddlers through high school seniors. Child size 3 – adult size 12 are especially needed.
- Shoes are distributed through Collier and Lee Country public schools (c/o guidance counselors and school nurses) and through non-profit organizations that serve needy kids. The shoes are fitted and given in the privacy of the staff offices.
- Many times the Laces of Love shoes are the first pair of new shoes the child has ever had.
- We do not give shoes directly to families.
- Laces also facilitates the donation of cleats and sports shoes to many student athletes in Southwest Florida.
Watch our video below to learn more about Laces of Love and the difference we make in your community.